When people say, 'I couldn't foster because it would be to hard to give a dog up' We say 'How can it be harder than knowing a dog died because no foster home stepped up?' and that's why we do it time and time again.
A Dog's Prayer: "Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends and your entertainment. I only have you."

August 13, 2012

Sherman and Sable - Sibling love like non-other *VIDEO*



I was so blessed to be asked to take care of Ms. Sable, our former foster girl
of the Anishnabe Pups, this past weekend.  All were rescued by ARC - Animal
Rescue Corps. last November 2011 in Quebec, dubbed 'Operation Anishnabe.'
where you will see my former foster babies being rescued and saved by Scotlund
Haisley, President and Founder of ARC, along with his ARC Angels.  Please
'Like' them on Facebook and Share...let's support them however we can.  They do an
invaluable service to all animals anywhere and everywhere the need is.

To say culture shock is an understatement by far!  When I first took in all 8
Dane/Newf x pups, they were days old (7-10) to be more exact...and no mom.
 My husband and I, with the help of other wonderful LOYAL Rescue volunteers
 and friends, bottle fed each and every one of them for the first 4+ weeks until they
 could be weaned and started on solids.  It was truly a labour of love, multiplied!
I'd do it all over again if I had too, without hesitation.  These were 'my' babies and
I was mom this time (not just the mid-wife) as I had been previously with other litters.
A true Labour of Love...of epic proportion.  Lol  I love each and every one of them
and made sure I told them many times per day.  Well, my former foster babies
are now 9 months old and all are exceeding 100+ lbs each, except for Simon, who we
now suspect who's daddy is a 'Golden' .  They have the same mom, but could have
different daddys; however, we believe the other pups all have the same dad, given the
 circumstances they came from, and process of elimination.  I was one very happy
(former) foster mom to have Ms. Sable come to stay.  We couldn't very well have
a 'sleep over' with Ms. Sable without inviting brother Sherman, who lives only minutes
away, for a play date/reunion!  and so this is the result of that reunion and both pups
were overjoyed to see one another again.  Yes, they still do remember each other after
all this time.  As matter of fact, once Sable saw Sherman, I swear she was going to
jump through the car window! she was that excited.  

Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment