When people say, 'I couldn't foster because it would be to hard to give a dog up' We say 'How can it be harder than knowing a dog died because no foster home stepped up?' and that's why we do it time and time again.
A Dog's Prayer: "Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends and your entertainment. I only have you."

October 10, 2012

Shelter Dogs Blog > Do You Like to Be Petted by People You Don’t Know?

A great article on rescue / shelter dogs from the  Center for Shelter Dogs, a program of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.  First appearances are not always what they seem.  That's why I believe in second chances.  You just never know what you might miss out on if you pre-judge a dog based on first meetings.  We've had (I've had) MANY wonderful foster dogs, who did NOT cope or 'show' well in a shelter environment and therefore, was slated for euthanasia because of it.  Had we (I) not gone to the shelter and pulled that dog, we would never have known the enormous gratitude and love that dog has shown in return.  They know when they've been saved.  


Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment