When people say, 'I couldn't foster because it would be to hard to give a dog up' We say 'How can it be harder than knowing a dog died because no foster home stepped up?' and that's why we do it time and time again.
A Dog's Prayer: "Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends and your entertainment. I only have you."

October 27, 2012

Sherman and Ruby at the dog park


We had the pleasure of dogsitting one of our former foster boys, Sherman, of the Anishnabe Pups who had been saved by Scotland Haisley and Animal Rescue Corps. (ARC) dubbed 'Operation Anishnabe'  in late October, early November 2011, and brought into rescue.  There were 8 puppies in total  (less then 10 days old) when we first got them.  We bottle fed them until they were old enough to be weaned.  Can you believe we held this guy in the palm of our hands once?  lol   In the Facebook album 'Operation Anishnabe' you can see Sherman and some of his siblings being carried out.  In this HBO Documentary, One Nation under Dog, you can see the conditions of where they came from  *tissue alert*.  This makes me appreciate how far they have all come.    I'm so thrilled to report that all the pups are happy, healthy and thriving in their new homes and couldn't be more loved!! 
 I'm happy to report that all dogs that were caught by ARC were all vetted and medical needs taken care of and all were taken in by rescues and are safe.  Most have since been adopted.  

Here is Sherman playing with his new girl (friend) named Ruby recently at a local dog park.  I guess you can say it was a 'meeting of the minds' as Ruby is 2 years old and still very much a puppy herself.  Ruby is a puppy-mill survivor.   Ruby's (human) mom is also in rescue and we met up with another rescue volunteer (Anna) whom Sherman and I were meeting for the first time.  Anna had the pleasure of meeting Sherman's dad, Veteran, who was lovingly being fostered and nursed back to health by Birch Haven Rescue and Rehabilitation before he was also adopted and is now living the great life too!.   I love full circle moments.  : )





Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment