When people say, 'I couldn't foster because it would be to hard to give a dog up' We say 'How can it be harder than knowing a dog died because no foster home stepped up?' and that's why we do it time and time again.
A Dog's Prayer: "Treat me kindly, my beloved friend, for no heart in the entire world is more grateful for your kindness than mine. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. After all, you have your job, your friends and your entertainment. I only have you."

November 13, 2012

Sheryl Crow joins ARC (Animal Rescue Corps) to End Puppy Mills! PSA

To say I was overjoyed when I heard about Sheryl Crow joining ARC's Team and promoting the work they do to save animals, is an understatement! I couldn't be more happy that she's done a PSA  called Educate 2 End Puppy Mills.



I have good reason to feel the way I do about ARC and Scotlund Haisley as they hold a very special place in my heart.  It was a year ago this past October that ARC went into a reserve in Quebec called Lac Simon,  dubbed 'Operation Anishnabe' and trapped and spayed/neutered/vetted several hundred stray animals on the Reserve, as well as those owned by residents of Lac Simon; the strays were sent into various rescues throughout Canada and the U.S.  This was where my 8 former foster babies, Dane/Newf pups came from.  I cannot thank each and every one of them enough for saving our 8 newborn (former) foster pups from certain death and bringing them into Loyal Rescue and my life.  They were still are my heart as I was mum to them; unfortunately the family who had their fur-mum didn't want to surrender her along with her babies, so the pups, my husband and I, with the help of many rescue friends and volunteers over the months took turns feeding and caring for them.   Today they are all gorgeous, happy and very healthy young pups.  You can view many more photos of their rescue efforts on Facebook.  Below are our Anishnabe Pups 8, just before coming into rescue.  Happy 1st Birthday my little ARC Angels!


Comments Welcome!